Erie Insurance developed and offers certain social media channels for Erie Insurance fans and followers. In some cases, ERIE permits visitors to its social media channels to post comments and other materials (“Content”).
- Content posted on these channels is the sole responsibility of the person submitting the Content and is not necessarily endorsed by ERIE or represents its views, and ERIE disclaims any responsibility or liability with respect to such Content.
- Content posted on ERIE social media channels should not be considered a recommendation or personalized insurance advice.
- Some people have received promotional consideration, such as an entry into a sweepstakes, for posting content.
- Social media channels are typically publicly available. To protect everyone's privacy, ERIE requests that visitors refrain from posting Content on its social media channels such as (a) policy numbers, (b) claim numbers, (c) personal contact information for you or ERIE employees and agents and (d) payment information.
- Please do not submit Content that is (a) abusive, defamatory, profane or obscene, (b) in violation of any intellectual property right of another, (c) in violation of any law or regulation, (d) could be construed as spam, (e) could be construed as selling a product or service or (f) is in violation of the social media platform terms.
- Personal attacks will not be tolerated, and ERIE reserves the right to remove personally identifiable information of any customer or ERIE employee. This includes, but is not limited to: (a) name, (b) address, (c) telephone number, (d) email address and (f) employee number.
- ERIE reserves the right (but has no obligation) to remove postings which it determines to be objectionable and/or block people who violate these terms.
For issues that require immediate assistance, please contact Customer Care at (800) 552-3743, option 4.